The default Calendar app on your iPhone and iPad gives you lots of options when it comes to viewing your data. While the default view may be month view, you can easily change between them based on the data you need to view. Each options has its own advantages and there are probably times when you’ll prefer one over the other.
If you aren’t sure how to change views within the Calendar app or want some advice on which view is suited to what, follow along and we’ll help you along.
- How to switch Calendar views on your iPhone
- How to switch Calendar views on your iPad
How to switch Calendar views on your iPhone
Your iPhone gives you the choice of three different views within the default Calendar app – list, day, and view. The list option is good if you’re quickly scrolling through events and looking for something specific. It’s also a great place to search for items that you need to find quickly as there will always be a static search bar at the top. On top of searching, the list view also is a nice way to get a brief overview of your week.
Day view will show you a graph of what you have going on that day. This is a nice place to make sure none of your events and appointments overlap each other. You can also tilt your iPhone on its side and view each day for the week by scrolling up and down or side to side.
The last view that is available is the month view. This view allows you to tap on any day and view the events that you have planned for that day underneath the month calendar. Tapping on any of these events will expand upon the details of that entry.
To switch between these views, perform the following steps –
- Launch the Calendar app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Towards the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a menu for List, Day, Month. You can tap on any one of these in order to toggle between views.
- To switch back, just tap on the view you were at previously to return to it.
How to switch Calendar views on your iPad
The Calendar app on the iPad is set up a little differently than the iPhone, mainly due to the extra screen real estate you have to work with. While the iPhone only gives you list, day, and month views – you’re iPad gives you those plus week and year. You’ll also notice that the list, day, and month sections on the iPad look quite different as well.
The week view looks very simliar to the day view on the iPhone but you won’t have to tilt your iPad in order to see more than 1 day at a time. You’ll automatically see an entire week regardless of your orientation. The year view will give you a grid layout of each month and what days you have events on. The darker the color on the day, the more appointments and calendar entries you have for that day.
To change between views on your iPad, perform the following steps –
- Launch the Calendar app from the Home screen of your iPad
- Along the top you’ll have a bar that has Day, Week, Month, Year, List. Tap on any of them to toggle between views.
- To return to any given view, just toggle back to it. Your iPad will remember what view you last had opened and return you to it the next time you open the Calendar app on your iPad.